If you accidentally lose your Hotmail account – can’t login Hotmail which contains lots of contact information of your friends, relatives, partners… you can use these following methods to recover your Hotmail account.
1. Get back your account use Phone or Alternate email address which you provided when registering
First you visit https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx
In the interface displayed, choose the form of restoring your account, such as:
- I forgot my password: forgot your password.
- I know my password and Windows Live ID, but can’t sign in: you know your password and account name, but you can’t sign in.
- I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID: you suspect this account had been hacked.
- After clicking on the link Reset your password, choose an option => Click Next
- Enter your user name or Your phone into the Windows Live ID field, enter your code in the Character box and click Next.
- You can Select Email or use Your phone to Hotmail sends a verification code.
When you receive a verification code. Click “I have a code” to enter your code and restore your Hotmail account.
2. Recover passwords stored in Windows Live Messenger/Windows Live Mail apps
If you are using utility software such as Windows Live Messenger or Windows Live Mail and have used Remember passwordfeature, you can use free tools such as Mail Pass View or Messenger Pass View. These two gadgets are easy to use and they’ll help you regain your account password easily.
3. Restore the password when you only remember some basic information
If you can’t recover the password with two ways recommended above as well as remember the security questions, you can still use the help of Windows Live to recover your password.
First, please visit: https://account.live.com/acsr
In the interface appearing, click Continue twice.
Step 1: Enter an email address that can be contacted in the empty box at the Contact email address, then click Continue.
Step 2: Enter the ID of the Windows Live/Hotmail account then click Continue
Step 3: In the next step you are asked to complete personal information when registering an account. You enter the full name,date of birth, Country,…
The information in the fields marked with a star is mandatory. If you do not remember all the information, simply enter I do not remember.
If you are using PC and have used it to access the mailbox which was lost, then, this is such valuable information to help you recover your account. Access https://www.whatismyip.com to determine the IP address of the computer and enter this number into the box Your IP address.
- For Hotmail account you can enter the name of a friend in your phonebook, headlines of some emails you’ve received,…
- For Live Messenger you enter your nickname and some contactable friends. The more information provided, the faster you can regain your account.
After that, choose Continue and wait for the searching process and verify the information.
Step 4: Write PIN code which is provided and tick the box Checking this box verifies that you have written down your PIN… Enter your PIN and click Submit.
Note: Microsoft will carry out to test and if the information you provide is accurate, your account’s password will be emailed to you within 24 hours. If after 24 hours you have not received your account, you can access the email address registered in step 1 and click on the link there to go to the Private Forum page and discuss directly with the representative of Microsoft to get your account back.